Thursday, November 17, 2011

THOMAS HATCH 1465-1530

[Ancestral Link: Marguerite Anderson (Miller), daughter of Hannah Anderson (Anderson), daughter of Mary Margaret Edmiston (Anderson), daughter of Martha Jane Snow (Edmiston), daughter of Gardner Snow, son of Abigail Farr (Snow), daughter of Mercy Winslow (Farr), Rebecca Ewer (Winslow), daughter of Shubael Ewer, son of Elizabeth Lovell (Ewer), daughter of Jane Hatche (Lovell), daughter of William Hatch, son of William Hatch, son of Thomas Hatch, son of John Hatch, son of Thomas Hatch.]


Thomas Hatch Notes
This Thomas Hatche held the manor of Hodyford, in the county of Kent. Hewas assessed as "Thomas Hatche the elder" in the hundred of street, in the subsidy of 1524 and died between 12 Decmber 1534 when his will was written and 31 December 1534 when it was probated. His will provided that masses and prayers for his soul and for all christian souls be sung in the Sellinge Church for 8 years. In his will he mentioned his children and his grandchildren. He owned several parcels of land. "viz, Hodyford Borke lying in three parcels. A parcel called Horselife, one called Hodyford grove, with hemphaw and gardnes, a parcel called perce garden, one called stone regg, one called Sandpytts, and other parcels . . ." His manor of Hodyford was left to his son William. John, the younger was left lands and tanements in Sellinge, including a "new House" which he, the following year, devised to his three sons. He names all of his children.
Information obtained from MyTrees.com. Submitter: Lynn Schwiebert, familymaker@centurytel.net.Colonial and Revolutionary Lineages of America

Held the Manor of Hodyford, Early Hatch Wills:The will of Thomas Hache the elder of Sellying besides Horton Monkyn, County Kent, 12 December 1530. to be buried in the churchyard of Sellynge. At my forthfare in masses and dirges and in bread and drink to refresh the poor 10s(shilling) At my month's day in like manner 16s. 8d. At my year's mind in like manner 13s. 4d. My executors to have masses and prayers sung for my soul and all Christian souls in said church for eight years. ........To my son John my best brass pot. To my daughters Agnes, Margarete, and Alice 6s. 8d. apiece. To my son William all debts he owes me and two silver spoons, and to his daughter Agnes Hache 6s. 8d. to Agnes, daughter of John Hache the elder my son, now dead, 6s. 8d. To Thomas Hache, John Hache the younger, Johane Hache, Agnes Hache, and Alice Hache, sons and daughters of John Hache, 6s.8d apiece.....

My last will regarding my lands. To William Hache my son my manor of Hodyford and all those parcels of land viz., Hodyford Broke....To my son John Hache my new house with lands thereto belonging and all my other lands and tenements in Sellying, he paying therefor to Thomas Hache, son of John Hache late of Sellying, deceased, 40 marks...... Proved 31 December 1534 by the executor, John Hache.(Archdeaconry of Canterbury, Vol 20, fo4.)
found on ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment