Eden Farmhouse was built in 1593 by John Marvin just East of Great Bentley, and then called Edon or Dreybrockes. It was occupied by Edward Marvin and passed to his son Matthew. The front was remodeled in 1717 and seems to have been remodeled again in modern times. The interior beams may have been ship timbers. The large chimney is obscured in this view.
found on ancestry.com