Thursday, November 3, 2011

THOMAS BRIGHAM 1525-1558

[Ancestral Link: Marguerite Anderson (Miller), daughter of Hannah Anderson (Anderson), daughter of Mary Margaret Edmiston (Anderson), daughter of Martha Jane Snow (Edmiston), daughter of Gardner Snow, son of James Snow, son of Zerrubbabel Snow, son of Abigail Brigham (Snow), daughter of Gershom Brigham, son of Thomas Brigham, son of Thomas Brigham, son of John Brigham, son of Thomas Brigham, son of Thomas Brigham.]


Thomas Brigham's Will
Thomas BRIGHAM was born in 1525 in Holme-on-Spalding-Moor, Yorkshire, England. He was buried on 6 Feb 1558/59 in Holme-on-Spalding-Moor, Yorkshire, England.THOMAS BRIGHAM (Thomas2, Thomas1), born about 1525, was a yeoman of Holme on Spalding Moor where he was buried 6 Feb., 1558-9, leaving the appended will: In dei noie Amen, the xxvth day of October in ye year of Or lord god and mdlviij, I Thomas Brigham of Holme in Spaldingmore, seke of body but hole and pfit of membre doth make -this my last will and testament as hereaftr followith first I geve up my soull to god almyghtie to or lady saint mary and to all the celestial copany of heven and my body to be buried Wtin ye church yeard of the said Holme. It. I geve for tithe forgotten ijd. It. I geve to Janett my doughter a grett brasse pott aftr the decease of my wyf Jenett Brigham. It. I geve to Thomas Brigham, Peter Brigham, William Brigham, and Richard Brigham, my sons, a wayne coop, plowght, and all gear thereto belonging, aftr the decease of my said wyf. The rest of all my goods not legatt or bequest, I geve to Janett Brigham my wyf whome I do make my executrix. These witnes, Robt Chalmes and John Myllygton. Proved 13 Apr., 1559, by the widow Jennet. (P. and E. York Wills, vol. 15, part 3, fol. 347.) Thomas Brigham married in 1548, Jennet Millington alias Tomlinson, b. about 1526, daughter of William and Barbara Millington alias Tomlinson of Holme on Spalding Moor. She was buried there 21 Jan., 1587-8. Parents: Thomas Brigham and Elizabeth.
Spouse: Jennet MILLINGTON. Thomas BRIGHAM and Jennet MILLINGTON were married in 1548 in , , Yorkshire, England. Children were: Thomas BRIGHAM, Peter BRIGHAM, William BRIGHAM, Jennet BRIGHAM, Richard BRIGHAM, Francis BRIGHAM.
found on ancestry.com

NOTES
This Thomas Brigham (whom we shall call the "Third") was a yoeman of Holme on Spalding Moor. Holme on Spalding Moor is situated about half way between Hull and York, about 25 miles from the North Sea and 10 miles from the River Homben.
found on ancestry.com

'l'HOMAS BRIGHAM born about 1525, was a yeoman of Holme on Spalding Moor where he was buried 6 February 1558-9, leaving the appended will (above).

Thomas Brigham married in 1548, Jennet Millington aliasTomlinson, born about 1526, daughter of William and Barbara Willington alias Tomlinson of Holme on Spalding Moor. She was buried there 21 January 1587.
SOURCE INFORMATlON: WWW.ANCESTRY.COM DATABASE: THE HISTORY OF THE BRIGHAM FAMILY: A RECORD OF SEVERAL THOUSAND DESCENDANTS OF THOMAS BRIGHAM THE EMIGRANT
found on ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment